Would you like to be inspired live? Soeters project management is happy to visit for a workshop or presentation.
Promoting the use of public transportation in the Haaglanden Region
Problem: Two major cities, The Hague and Rotterdam, contribute hugely to the Dutch Economy. Keeping, and even better, improving the accessibility for people and goods at a good level is key. Implementing Smart Mobility is one of the solutions the region is focusing on.
Solution: The public transportation is of high quality. For that reason, the public-private organization Bereikbaar Haaglanden en Rijnland successfully promoted the use of public transportation to commuters.
Facts & Figures
- 38 employers participated
- 1,500 employees used public transportation for free for 8 weeks
- This resulted in 690 new public transportation users after the trial period
- Participants graded the public transportation pilot with a 9 out of 10
- Participants graded the communication revolving around the public transportation pilot with an 4
- Due to its staggering success, the public transportation pilot is extended through at least the end of 2019.
As Project Manager, I was responsible for:
- coming up with, developing, and implementing the public transportation try-out;
- procuring the communication campaign and the card issue agencies;
- putting together the project team and managing the daily implementation;
- recruiting participating employers and employees;
- monitoring and evaluating the project.